Saturday, March 14, 2015

Bittersweet.... Scrap the tough stuff too.

So I really struggled with this layout. As in it took me 4 days to do it. Not physically but emotionally. 
I knew I wanted to use this grey paper with a pop of pink as the base- really wanted to focus on the colour over the grey. 
I even had my multimedia back round finished before I had my photo picked. I really struggled with picking the picture. That alone took me 2 days. I wasn't sure if I wanted to put it in the album, if I wanted to remember that moment. But I figured there was no other photo I would want in its place. I even tried a few alternitives. But in the end it worked.

Once I had my pic the whole layout came together pretty quickly.
The backround took the longest, with the paint smears, the modelling paste and the inking. But I was happy with it in te end. With such a busy backround with lots of colour I chose to keep the embellishments to a minimum to focus on te photo. I didn't want to overload the layout.

This was a big lesson for me in documenting everything. Even the tough moments. This is the last photo I have with my beautiful mum and i wanted to document that. That moment, that love.
 I will never forget that moment- exactly what I was thinking as I was looking at her. 

Chrissi xxx


1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful page and a lovely moment to scrap. I'm so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete